Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I installed the new Safari 14 and now I'm unable to load certain financial websites. I've talked with Fidelity.com, gone through many preference suggestions and they are unable to help me. To many PC people!

Add eBay to the problem too!

I'm not sure if the problem came before or after I ran the Maintenance program. See attachments below.

I get a notice that A problem repeatedly occurred with (url), and then a blank page.

Perhaps Maintenance removed a necessary file? Is there away to reinstall Safari 14?

I don't have the problem with any other browser

iMac, OSX 10.14.6, Little Snitch, Cookie

Attachments

• Maintance1.jpg
    Maintance1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Maintance2.jpg
    Maintance2.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I believe this is a conflict with Java. When I turn Java off, the page loads, but not the important Java parts.

ratbastard

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2015
nickm11,
This might not be the same thing, but I was having a similar situation accessing a credit union account. After many attempts with two Macs & an iPhone, I finally called them.

Their website support tech said it was an issue with cookies and that I need to disable Prevent Cross-Site Tracking.

(Settings•Safari•Prevent Cross-Site Tracking).

That was successful on each of the devices. I re-enabled it when finished & all was good.

good luck.

ratbastard

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
nickm11,
This might not be the same thing, but I was having a similar situation accessing a credit union account. After many attempts with two Macs & an iPhone, I finally called them.

Their website support tech said it was an issue with cookies and that I need to disable Prevent Cross-Site Tracking.

(Settings•Safari•Prevent Cross-Site Tracking).

That was successful on each of the devices. I re-enabled it when finished & all was good.

good luck.

ratbastard

Didn't work for me.

ratbastard

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2015
Sorry to hear that, Tech198.
I do not have any other suggestions, other than possibly rolling back to before the update, if you have a backup or clone image.

Hope you are able to get it sorted.

ratbastard

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
You need to reinstall the security update that includes Safari 14. The problem is probably a corrupt or missing Java script file. I was able to fix the problem in this manner.

You should be able to get it though a search for Safari 14 security update.

Reactions: colodane

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You need to reinstall the security update that includes Safari 14. The problem is probably a corrupt or missing Java script file. I was able to fix the problem in this manner.

You should be able to get it though a search for Safari 14 security update.

Are you referring to Security Update 2020-004 reinstall ?

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I don't know the number of the update. It's the one that has Safari 14.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Is it worth it to update to safari 14 on Mojave? Some user in another section of the forum was talking about top sites, I thought that was gone long time ago.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
It works fine for me now and I think it is faster. I also think there are other important updates in the package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.