Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illicit2k1

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2009
Safari 8 in 10.10 (14A314h) still doing it. This is absurd.

Filing bug report.

Safari 8.0, 10.10.1, just had it happen again today. is it possible for us to "upvote" your bug report in some way through Apple's bug system?

IridescentRain

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2015
Yosemite (10.10.2), Safari 8.0.3. Still happening intermittently. I don't have Glims installed, so that's not the problem.

npaisnel

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2013
Has this been fully solved yet?

I saw mention of an Apple Patch, but for me with Mavericks and Safari Version 7.1.3 (9537.85.12.18)
damn google still keeps steal in half my address by typing

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Resurrecting this thread because I've been experiencing the same issue in Safari on both my iMac and my MacBook. Happens multiple times a day, and sometimes I'm typing a long phrase but don't realize right away that it Googled the first word and ignored the rest. It's driving me BATSH*T crazy. I don't remember ever having this problem until the past few months. My Macs are always up to date with the latest OS.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Resurrecting this thread because I've been experiencing the same issue in Safari on both my iMac and my MacBook. Happens multiple times a day, and sometimes I'm typing a long phrase but don't realize right away that it Googled the first word and ignored the rest. It's driving me BATSH*T crazy. I don't remember ever having this problem until the past few months. My Macs are always up to date with the latest OS.

Interestingly enough, this problem disappeared for me with macOS Sierra. On all my Macs. I'm afraid I can't help you further on this one.

jefferbo

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2015
I have been experiencing this bug for years and this week it has been worse than ever. I just the past hour it has happened to me 4 times. I'm on Safari 10.1.1 (12603.2.4) and macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.