Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Basil_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2023
Hi!

I don't know whether there is a solution for this (not a huge) problem, but have decided to try my luck ) I'm using MBP 16 intel i7 2019 and Safari browser as a default. I've already reseted my Mac, upgraded it, downgraded... ) it hasn't helped!

When I'm begin typing in the address bar in Safari, with the first letter: for example, with "y" — it just freezes and doesn't suggest YouTube, although I use it very often. If only I type then also "o", it will suggest YouTube. Sometimes it suggests YouTube straight after "y", sometimes demands also the third letter to offer the full address. And this happens, of course, with other addresses (with other websites I mean) too.

It's not a huge problem and I do like Safari generally. But Chrome or Firefox do not have such a problem. Moreover, Safari on iPhone and iPad also isn't freezing!

I have tried to turn off smart search in Safari and changing other settings but I doesn't help.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.