Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burnthefires

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2017
Hey, has anyone also encountered this issue where Safari "recent" history in the History drop down menu just disappears out of a sudden? I can't really pinpoint exact timing when it happens and it's showing perfectly fine in the "full history" (cmd+Y), just not in the drop down menu.
Completely closing and reopening the app solves this issue for a while, but after a while it comes back. Maybe there's a simple solution i can't think of? MacOS and Safari are up to date, tried relogging to iCloud - nothing changed. Could unsupported mac (MP 5,1) cause something like this?

Attachments

• disappeared.png
    disappeared.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 255
  • came back after closing app.png
    came back after closing app.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 88

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It would be helpful to know what you have your Safari Preferences Remove history items set to.

burnthefires

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2017
It would be helpful to know what you have your Safari Preferences Remove history items set to.
As i mentioned, safari is up to date so 15.6.1 and remove is set to 1 year, but it doesnt matter since as i said after closing and reopening the items come back and don't disappear from the "real" history, just from the drop down menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.