Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IVIarth

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2024
This drove me nuts and I seem to have found the problem in my situation. My contact card was up to date, and I tried toggling Autofill settings on and off as described elsewhere. The problem persisted. Here's what fixed it:

1. In Finder, open the Library file (https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reveal-library-folder-in-macos/)

2. Open the Safari folder, and move the "Form Values" file to the trash.

3. Empty the trash.

You may need to restart Safari or the Mac, I don't recall. But my old address is now gone!

(4. You may also need to move the following to the Trash, although when I initially tried this it didn't work. It was only after I deleted "Form Values". Anyway, also delete these from the Safari folder: AutoFillCorrections.db, AutoFillCorrections.db-shm, AutoFillCorrections.db-wal. MacOS will re-create clean versions for you.)

This old post talks about the Form Values file. I'm guessing it's something some of us have been carrying around from old versions of Mac OS.

Hi guys, this worked for me too! (thanks it was really driving me crazy for almost one year!).
I have another problem though. My Mac is working properly, the autofill information is finally the correct one but the problem persist on my iPhone which still show the old address. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance, M.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.