Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
OK, have a couple of 'emergency' userids on my system. Neither of them were any better. Still have pages that fail to load completely requiring a 'force reload' with Safari that do not have the problem with Firefox. If I am the only one having the issue, then perhaps it is unique to my MBP, with may be of interest to Apple.

daabido

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
It's not unique to your MBP. It happens for me too with 2017 MacBook Air on Mojave. For me, eventually news.com.au becomes unusable, failing to load fully, or not loading pictures. Other websites sometimes display irregularities too. A full reboot will fix the problem for a while. I've tried all the usual and unusual solutions to fix the problem, but it's just Safari. Brave, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox seem better, in that order.

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
Thanks, daabido. Even this website... When I opened it to check this thread, had to reload it to get it to respond to clicks... Don't really want to shift to another browser, will have to look at the Apple bug reporting system to see if I can define it properly to them.

Reactions: daabido

Tomb01

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Colleyville, TX
Sigh, seems to be getting worse. Today it would not finish loading forums.macrumours.com, and I am getting more and more nsposix100errordomain issues. Actually had to use Firefox for this post. Put some questions on the Apple support site, but was poorly worded (called Safari the worst browser, dumb of me, I know) so they deleted my questions and the answers... Obviously what I am experiencing is not widespread or Apple would be doing something about it. Not sure I have anything unusual on my system, have been trying to figure out what could be causing the 'partial loading' of pages, but to no avail...
[automerge]1596064266[/automerge]
And now Safari loaded macrumours...

Reactions: daabido

kerbifer

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
The only thing Safari does faster - is load for the first time. No doubt that's a tactic to make it 'seem' faster, when in fact it's not. Fancy being stuck in the mid 2000s and not being able to enjoy proper 2k/4k on YouTube. How embarrasing.

Firefox for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.