Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Curious if anyone has an issue with Safari randomly show a white screen and show no content on the page. Been going on since I updated to iOS 13. On the latest software now, still the same issue. Only way to fix is to close and reopen Safari.

(iPhone XS Max)

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Curious if anyone has an issue with Safari randomly show a white screen and show no content on the page. Been going on since I updated to iOS 13. On the latest software now, still the same issue. Only way to fix is to close and reopen Safari.

(iPhone XS Max)

I've been having this problem since iOS 13 beta, and it continues to the current release of iOS 13.3. I'm using iPhone XS Max and 11 Pro.

I can't believe it's not fixed.

You don’t have to close Safari. If you close the tab and reopen the page in a new tab, it usually loads.

Last edited:

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I also see this. I usually swipe-force-quit safari and relaunch for it to work again.
If the MacRumors God cannot get Safari to load correctly, then my peon self sure as heck can’t either.

On a serious note, it’s kind of amazing we’re at 13.3 and this type of bug is still present. If there’s one thing I hate about yearly updates, it’s stuff like this. The randomness of broken code per yearly update is a thorn of modern computing.

The fact that elementary OS operations can be impacted for such an extended amount of time is bewildering considering how mature iOS has become.

Reactions: johnalan

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I have this issue as well; I have to kill Safari and then it works fine for a while. I do this 3-4 times a day. The two apps I use most are Safari and Mail, both of which have been a complete disaster since the ill-fated day I decided to download ios 13. Apple don’t seem that bothered.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
The fact that this is still a bug in iOS 13.3.1 is really frustrating.
iOS 13 is a pile of dog.

I’ve never had this many issues with a version of iOS, this late in the release pool.

I still have orientation glitches, as well. Hopefully iOS 14 is a bit more stable.

JVNPhoto

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2017
I see this every now and then. On my Mac I even get pages that appear but are completely scrambled. The only fix is to close the tab and open a new one. This happens on a daily basis. With iPadOS 13.4 beta 3, I have also seen pages that consistently show up completely blank. I've reported all of it via Feedback but haven't gotten any replies.

Reactions: _Refurbished_

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I see this every now and then. On my Mac I even get pages that appear but are completely scrambled. The only fix is to close the tab and open a new one. This happens on a daily basis. With iPadOS 13.4 beta 3, I have also seen pages that consistently show up completely blank. I've reported all of it via Feedback but haven't gotten any replies.
It’s quite amazing that this is still going on. I can’t think of a bug, this essential, lasting this far into an iOS release cycle. Just yesterday I had to close my tabs and reopen them.

mariah1902

Suspended
Oct 27, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh

(iPhone XS Max)
Yes ! I am facing this issue since I upgraded to 13.3.1. I do not know if the problem is with saffari or IOS 13 has connectivity issue with the internet. They should fix this soon or people will not upgrade anymore.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
Seen this on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro. It’s annoying not its kinda quick to fix, just force quit and reload safari.

i only use safari on OSX and not had a problem on my Macbook Pro

jalgy

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2020
Apple is just hopeless at producing quality software. As a developer, I dread every time I get a report of something not working properly on version 'x' of iOS, I know I'm in for a long painful session with the xcode simulator trying to reproduce and fix it. Every new version introduces its own new slew of bugs and incompatibilities with previous versions. I'm no Google fan, but Chrome/Android is light years ahead of Safari/iOS in my mind when it comes to stability and quality - even with the apparent disadvantage Google has of running on hundreds of different devices from different manufacturers as opposed to Apple having to support just a few of its own devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.