Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Well its finally happening on both Macs. Both running Mojave. Safari bookmarks refuses to sync with my other iMac that is on Monterey, iPad 15.5, iPhone 15.5. Tried turning off Safari iCloud sync on both Mojave Macs for a few min, then turned it back on and still no sync. Ran safe mode on both Mojave Mac and no sync. Turned off Firewall on both Macs. Cleared Safari and held shift key booting Safari. Tried also Safe Mode on both Mac. Safari bookmarks for iCloud just won't sync anymore on the two Macs running Mojave. On my MBA on Mojave, I reformatted the HD, completely removed everything. Tried to net boot "opt, cmd, r" but it won't install Mojave from Apple servers it wants to install Monterey and that's the right behavior with that command. I could try "shift, opt, cmd, r" and try and install what shipped with it. Then try and download the version manually. I guess.

Reactions: TightLines

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
Well its finally happening on both Macs. Both running Mojave. Safari bookmarks refuses to sync with my other iMac that is on Monterey, iPad 15.5, iPhone 15.5. Tried turning off Safari iCloud sync on both Mojave Macs for a few min, then turned it back on and still no sync. Ran safe mode on both Mojave Mac and no sync. Turned off Firewall on both Macs. Cleared Safari and held shift key booting Safari. Tried also Safe Mode on both Mac. Safari bookmarks for iCloud just won't sync anymore on the two Macs running Mojave. On my MBA on Mojave, I reformatted the HD, completely removed everything. Tried to net boot "opt, cmd, r" but it won't install Mojave from Apple servers it wants to install Monterey and that's the right behavior with that command. I could try "shift, opt, cmd, r" and try and install what shipped with it. Then try and download the version manually. I guess.
WOW - that is some extreme measures taken to try and solve the problem of not sync’ing bookmarks across your devices… isn’t their a manual way to possibly do this until you figure out the bigger problem of why auto sync isn’t working? My guess is there is…. Bookmarks are contained in a specially formatted text document that can be copied across, and placed on all devices as the bookmarks change… its not really complicated from what i can remember when we used to have to do it manually - back in the day.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
WOW - that is some extreme measures taken to try and solve the problem of not sync’ing bookmarks across your devices… isn’t their a manual way to possibly do this until you figure out the bigger problem of why auto sync isn’t working? My guess is there is…. Bookmarks are contained in a specially formatted text document that can be copied across, and placed on all devices as the bookmarks change… its not really complicated from what i can remember when we used to have to do it manually - back in the day.
True i can do the old fashion way. Export then import to Safari bookmarks. still i wanted to try and figure out why it stopped. I didn’t try turning off Safari iCloud on the iOS devices for few min. I think I’ll try that and see what happens.

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2016
True i can do the old fashion way. Export then import to Safari bookmarks. still i wanted to try and figure out why it stopped. I didn’t try turning off Safari iCloud on the iOS devices for few min. I think I’ll try that and see what happens.
did it work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.