Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Canada
Ah crap. I had installed the 9.0 beta on Yosemite prior to installing El Capitan just now. I think it didn't bother updating Safari because it's 9 -> 9 and it figured it's the same version. But it's a very different build, and I'm afraid Yosemite's 9 isn't compatible with El Capitan.

Anybody know a fix to this? Can someone upload their Safari.app from the third beta?

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Canada
Bump? Really stuck here, guys. I'm afraid my computer's a bit of a paperweight without Safari. Can someone please upload their Safari.app from the third beta? I can't find it anywhere.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Canada
I'm currently in the process of extracting everything Safari-related from the beta 3 installer with Pacifist. Simply copying the .app didn't work. I think I need to copy over all the frameworks as well.

Will report with what happens.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I'm currently in the process of extracting everything Safari-related from the beta 3 installer with Pacifist. Simply copying the .app didn't work. I think I need to copy over all the frameworks as well.

Will report with what happens.
Have you tested to see if Safari launches in a different user account? What about Safari extensions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.