Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stegada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
Hi,

I've just update to Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari doesn't work anymore. I notice that its version is still 13.1.3.

I've tried to reinstall the macOs update Catalina 10.15.7 because Safari comes inside macOs update but nothing has changed, Safari no longer works.

I've attached the error log.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• safari_error.txt
    14 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: jwouellette

bholdburg

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020
Did you ever figure it out? Mine is doing the same thing. Won't open at all. Tried deleted com.apple.safari.plist, creating a new user account, booting in safe mode, reinstalling macOS
[automerge]1602685392[/automerge]
This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.02.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.02.43 AM.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 197

stegada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
No way. It does not work yet. The strange thing is that if I put an URL on Spotlight search, It opens a window and I can navigate inside it but not outside.

It remains frozen with three Start pages on the context menu that are not loaded. I need to force quit it.
1602686409892.png

bholdburg

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020
No way. It does not work yet. The strange thing is that if I put an URL on Spotlight search, It opens a window and I can navigate inside it but not outside.

It remains frozen with three Start pages on the context menu that are not loaded. I need to force quit it.
View attachment 966437
Same here. I’m redownloading Catalina and I’ll see if that works. If not, I’ll try to downgrade to Mojave

jwouellette

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
I have had the exact same problem. Apple Support had me run through all the restart BS zapping of memory and creating a new user account. Nothing works. Every time I try to launch, I get three "empty" Start pages in the context menu from the dock icon.

I'm NOT reinstalling Catalina to fix this.... just going use Micrsoft Edge instead.

jwouellette

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
Go and download the Safari Technology Preview for macOS Catalina at
This will get you working again with all your bookmarks, passwords, etc. with a working version of Safari (Release 115 (Safari 14.1, WebKit 15611.1.3.5))

Reactions: pjl890
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.