Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuRe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Hi
I have activated the safari option and the keyring option and dont save any password

In my ipad 2 with 6.1 works perfect, but my iPad Air with 7.0.3 save nothing

Solution?

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Personally, I would forget about Safari and get a good Password App like oneSafe. I've tried several and this does it all and more. May not be your solution answer, but that's what I'd do. Good luck.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Where is iCloud storing these passwords on our Macs?I used it to change my Macrumors login but it didn't pop up in keychain

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Keychain on Mac plain sucks. I had to log in on my iPad Air and then was only able to save the password and have it stick.

In Mac Safari, it says it's saving it, but it doesn't. Just spent the last 15 minutes almost pulling my ****ing hair out chasing this stupid Keychain.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
^^I had the same experience. Did the keychain save on my password then it wouldn't recall it when logging in. Had to email the site, get new password and start all over. Not worth the trouble and now I don't trust it.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Count me in as one who has had countless problems with iCloud Keychain - apparently it is still quite sporadic even in Safari with certain websites. And of course, because it is an API that has to be implemented by devs into their apps, not many apps currently work with it either.

I think for the time being, iCloud keychain remains a nice idea, but not quite ready for widespread use.

Findigenous

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Hi
I have activated the safari option and the keyring option and dont save any password

In my ipad 2 with 6.1 works perfect, but my iPad Air with 7.0.3 save nothing

Solution?

Most likely culprit here is Safari. Open your Safari web page, then click the page icon on the right upper corner. This will minimize the page and give you the option of adding another page etc. There you will also find a "Private" tab, if it is white you have selected private browsing and Safari will not remember any passwords. Click it to deselect, then verify your settings allow your device to remember passwords.

One indication you are in private browsing is that Safari will not have anything on the history pages.

That's it.

Sami

AuRe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Most likely culprit here is Safari. Open your Safari web page, then click the page icon on the right upper corner. This will minimize the page and give you the option of adding another page etc. There you will also find a "Private" tab, if it is white you have selected private browsing and Safari will not remember any passwords. Click it to deselect, then verify your settings allow your device to remember passwords.

One indication you are in private browsing is that Safari will not have anything on the history pages.

That's it.

Sami

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.