Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Does this allow you to download anything? Like a video off YouTube? I wasn’t sure because Safari on iOS still doesn’t support extensions. I’m assuming all documents are saved to the files app. Is it saved to the cloud or local on device? Could an app like Infuse can access them? Because right now in iOS 12 if you try to add a file to infuse via Safari on your iOS device the add files button only gives an option to browse the camera roll. It would be awesome to no longer have to use a laptop/desktop to add media to an iOS device. And if would also be awesome if said media wasn’t sandboxed and could be accessed via the document picker.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
It looks just like the desktop version, It saves it to the Downloads folder on iCloud Drive, for me.

Last edited:

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Could an app like Infuse can access them? Because right now in iOS 12 if you try to add a file to infuse via Safari on your iOS device the add files button only gives an option to browse the camera roll.

Sounds like the devs of Infuse haven’t updated the app to access iCloud Drive, as many other apps do this. On iOS 12 and before, you can download, but it was 1 at a time, the download manager means multiple simultaneous downloads.
[doublepost=1560085526][/doublepost]
You can’t download YouTube videos natively in iOS 13 beta. The site used has to natively allow downloading a file.

You can, but on the native YouTube app, you just have to pay for the privilege.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Sounds like the devs of Infuse haven’t updated the app to access iCloud Drive, as many other apps do this. On iOS 12 and before, you can download, but it was 1 at a time, the download manager means multiple simultaneous downloads.
[doublepost=1560085526][/doublepost]

You can, but on the native YouTube app, you just have to pay for the privilege.
The question was about native iOS 13 support. I answered correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.