Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
I use safari on ipad most of the day.. 99,5% of my ipad use is safari.
Since the update safarai surfing has become horrible...so horrible that i actually think about dusting of the old netbook untill apple fixes this!

Often safari just crashes when opened (after a blank safari screen)

When I do a search in google search engine safari does not respond for about 10 seconds...I cannot press any links during that period.

I have to tap to full screen on you tube videos to start them.... Most the problems I have relates to google.
image.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried any other browsers to see if they behave differently?

Estlander

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
When I do a search in google search engine safari does not respond for about 10 seconds...I cannot press any links during that period.

I have to tap to full screen on you tube videos to start them.... Most the problems I have relates to google.
View attachment 502128

I'm having the exact same problem on my iPad mini retina. So annoying.

poe diddley

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2005
greensboro nc
I must agree with the OP. Safari has turned into a pile of hot garbage on my iPad mini. Constant reloading for no reason, screen turning white while scrolling, the fact that the bookmarks pane doesn't vanish when I click a link and I have to manually turn it off. It's terrible. I really hope it gets repaired soon in an update or I will consider attempting to downgrade to ios7 if I can figure out how to.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Just for the heck of it, at least try completely clearing safaris cache and also do a network settings reset. It can't hurt and at least gets rid of lingering cookies and stuff that might be causing some grief.

Safari on my Air has been stable as a rock. Running 8.02. I usually never have more than a few tabs going at once but it's been great nonetheless.

mustbepbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Ever since I switched to chrome I haven't had any issues with weird web pages or tabs reloading constantly. It's not a ram or OS issue, it's safari and it sucks. Try another browser.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
iPad 4. I switched to another browser. I hope they fix Safari in 8.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.