Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hi all,

I'm on Ventura 13.2 and use Downie and Folx from Setapp.

Here's the issue: The extensions from those two apps will no longer be working, everytime I shut down my MBP.

They're still enabled in Safari > Settings > Extensions, but the functionality is not present. The contextual menu 'Download with Folx' not showing, the Downie icon on the toolbar disappears,etc.

The only fix to get it working again is by uninstalling and re-installing the apps.

Restarting the laptop won't reproduce this issue. Only by shutdownning.

Also, I'm using Adguard downloaded from App Store but it's working fine.

Anyone has any idea why and how to fix this issue? Thank you!

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Would a workaround be to just use the downie app? Have no problems using that.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Would a workaround be to just use the downie app? Have no problems using that.
I've found the cause of the issue - I changed the app icons (cos they're not rectangle style) and it makes the extensions not working. Weird, I know.

The workaround is either keep the default icons, or change the icons and move the apps to the Applications folder (instead of the Setapp folder), which I did.

No issues after that, extensions work fine!

nazariy@setapp

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2023
I've found the cause of the issue - I changed the app icons (cos they're not rectangle style) and it makes the extensions not working. Weird, I know.

The workaround is either keep the default icons, or change the icons and move the apps to the Applications folder (instead of the Setapp folder), which I did.

No issues after that, extensions work fine!
Hi @realpras, this is Nazariy — Vendor Success Manager at Setapp.Glad to see you have already found a solution that is working for you.

However, we spotted your issue and contacted Downie & Folx teams regarding the situation. It appears to be a bug in Safari/macOS that some users experience.

Thus, we recommend all users experiencing this file a bug report with Apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/safari.html

If you experience any issues with Setapp in the future — please feel free to contact the Setapp support team. We will be happy to assist!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.