Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AversaS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with the Touch Bar.

So, for the past couple weeks, I have been unable to share anything via facebook using the Safari share button. It keeps instructing me to put in my facebook password. So, I hit continue, it takes me into System Preferences. I put in my password, it both accepts the password, and instructs me to enter it again.

I've tried everything, including deleting Facebook from my System Preferences and re-entering my information. It still will not work.

Reactions: einsteinbqat

MLinneer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2013
Sherman, TX
macOS 10.13.5 removed support for 3rd party internet services such as Facebook and Twitter for security reasons. They are still listed in Internet Accounts and can be added to the Share menu, but will no longer work. Facebook Contacts also.

AversaS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
macOS 10.13.5 removed support for 3rd party internet services such as Facebook and Twitter for security reasons. They are still listed in Internet Accounts and can be added to the Share menu, but will no longer work. Facebook Contacts also.

Why the hell would they do that?

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
They've already disabled the functionality but still let you add accounts? What an odd-seeming transition.

Anyway – I believe the intention is to completely remove Facebook and Twitter system integration (that's ultimately why), so it's probably best to start relying on the web or other clients.

Reactions: chabig

djluckyb

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
It is still working when sharing to twitter . Just facebook stopped working for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.