Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I have Social Fixer enabled, but I noticed it with ZERO extensions enabled as well. Anyone else getting this? Safari is pretty fast on everything except Facebook. Facebook beach balls and freezes constantly! :(

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Have you guys tried chatting with people on facebook? With every key stroke the page scrolls down as if I were pressing the spacebar, I've crashed safari 5 times just from talking to 1 person in a span of 10 minutes.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Have you guys tried chatting with people on facebook? With every key stroke the page scrolls down as if I were pressing the spacebar, I've crashed safari 5 times just from talking to 1 person in a span of 10 minutes.

YES! I just did that and was all like what the heck? Took like a minute to get back to the top :rolleyes:

I think I'll just stick to Chrome or Firefox for FaceBook :cool:

At least it looks pretty.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

No issues with Facebook here. Scrolling is fine, as is chat.

----------

YES! I just did that and was all like what the heck? Took like a minute to get back to the top :rolleyes:

I think I'll just stick to Chrome or Firefox for FaceBook :cool:

At least it looks pretty.

I can't get Chrome to work - just keeps saying 'something went wrong'.

Meduz

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
Norway
I also have experienced a problem with scrolling on facebook chat. Each character I makes page to scroll down just as a space bar would be pressed... any idea what can be done to make it work properly? :)

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
Maybe you all have different graphics cards. Things like scrolling could be GPU accelerated.

zsoltipro

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Firstly I had the chat bug,but now I don't have it. Maybe it got fixed:)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.