Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
my eyesight is still good, despite the aging, but I feel the font size of Safari being a little too small sometimes.
Is there any way to change it ?

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
my eyesight is still good, despite the aging, but I feel the font size of Safari being a little too small sometimes.
Is there any way to change it ?

hi
have you tried:
safari/preferences/advanced/accessibility and then checking box "Never use font sizes smaller than"
thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Landscape view can help at times. The zoom accessibility options can likely be of some help at times too.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Font sizes are specified by the website itself, not by Safari.
There's that, but then various browsers (especially desktop ones) still allow for increasing the size of the content and keeping it that way for browsing via zoom at least. Seems like mobile approach to that is somewhat different so far.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
Not a true adjustment but unfortunately this is all you can do in safari.
Use this link:

javascript:var%20p=document.getElementsByTagName('*');for(i=0;i%3Cp.length;i++)%7Bif(p%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize)%7Bvar%20s=parseInt(p%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize.replace(%22px%22,%22%22));%7Delse%7Bvar%20s=12;%7Ds+=2;p%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize=s+%22px%22%7D

...copy and paste it as a new bookmark named zoom. Then save the bookmark. Now, for only the current page you are viewing, go to bookmarks and click your zoom bookmark. It will zoom all text 1x. You can keep going bigger by clicking the bookmark again.

It's a PITA and its ridiculous you can't just adjust font size, but that's the sandbox we live in!
Oh, btw, if you reload the page or click the next or back page, it's back to small.

If you're open to trying new browsers, Mercury lets you set a font size in its settings and it saves it until you change it.
It's not as nice as safari (has some quirks), but if your eyesight is letting you not read safari too easily, I'd say it's worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.