Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hounslowfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I’ve just upgraded to High Sierra on my MacBook.

Unfortunately I’m having significant problems. Safari is constantly freezing and beachballing. I also have very slow response in System Preferences when I authenticate.

I have signed out of iCloud and created a new user, and even the new user faces the same problems.

Is anyone else here suffering from this? If so, perhaps we can work together to find a fix.
[doublepost=1506512955][/doublepost]
I’ve just upgraded to High Sierra on my MacBook.

Unfortunately I’m having significant problems. Safari is constantly freezing and beachballing. I also have very slow response in System Preferences when I authenticate.

I have signed out of iCloud and created a new user, and even the new user faces the same problems.

Is anyone else here suffering from this? If so, perhaps we can work together to find a fix.

I have to say, that now everything is in the cloud, the prospect of a clean install is much more appealing. I might try that and hope the setting screwing things up doesn't redownload from the cloud!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.