Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to iOS and have noticed that the safari frequently visited icon for Outlook.com mail constantly changes.

It always switches back and forth between icon 1 and icon 2, but sometimes (rarely) it also changes to icon 3.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it. It is a minor issue but it is irritating.

Thanks.

Icon 1:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Icon 2:
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Icon 3:
Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 3.03.35 PM.png
(Also sometimes it is an 'O' instead of an 'L')

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Of course this is the fault of the website. Why is Amazon a yellow box with an "A"? They can't be bothered to provide a graphic to display. Says a lot about those sites/companies.

I guess Ms has old graphics on different pages, which is why you see three different images? Sloppy coding.

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
Of course this is the fault of the website. Why is Amazon a yellow box with an "A"? They can't be bothered to provide a graphic to display. Says a lot about those sites/companies.

I guess Ms has old graphics on different pages, which is why you see three different images? Sloppy coding.

My Amazon.com bookmark properly displays their logo "favicon":

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Sing1gniS

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
What's weird is that my iPhone shows the amazon image, but my iPad does not. Not sure why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.