Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
Anyone who has installed the beta, that can tell me if google drive actually works on safari? On iOS it’s not clickable because it used some type of code/flash or whatever you wanna call it, so I cannot open anything. Is ipadOS going to make it work like on a Mac, so I don’t need to use the poorly google doc app anymore?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Anyone who has installed the beta, that can tell me if google drive actually works on safari? On iOS it’s not clickable because it used some type of code/flash or whatever you wanna call it, so I cannot open anything. Is ipadOS going to make it work like on a Mac, so I don’t need to use the poorly google doc app anymore?

It's hard to tell what you mean by actually works since I've never used Google Drive before but I was just able to log in to the web ui on Safari on iPhone and upload an arbitrary file. I did have to load the desktop version of the site, otherwise Google push the app.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
It's hard to tell what you mean by actually works since I've never used Google Drive before but I was just able to log in to the web ui on Safari on iPhone and upload an arbitrary file. I did have to load the desktop version of the site, otherwise Google push the app.

What I mean, by my experience when using google drive on desktop version is that it shows it as it should, but when I try click on add new document it won’t respond. It’s as if I was clicking on an image without a link code to take me on to the next page or window. Therefor, all I can do is viewing the drive but not access or work in a google doc on safari

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
What I mean, by my experience when using google drive on desktop version is that it shows it as it should, but when I try click on add new document it won’t respond. It’s as if I was clicking on an image without a link code to take me on to the next page or window. Therefor, all I can do is viewing the drive but not access or work in a google doc on safari

If I'm understanding you correctly then it seems to work fine here. When I click New I get a menu and can upload a file from the Camera or Files app there just fine. BTW it works on iPad without even specifically loading the Desktop site. One caveat I see is that Folder Upload won't work since I don't think the Files document picker really has that concept. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
If I'm understanding you correctly then it seems to work fine here. When I click New I get a menu and can upload a file from the Camera or Files app there just fine. BTW it works on iPad without even specifically loading the Desktop site. One caveat I see is that Folder Upload won't work since I don't think the Files document picker really has that concept. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

But what about creating and opening a documen and folder? That’s what I want to know. It doesn’t work for me. When I click on a folder it won’t open, when I click on a doc I can’t write in it.
[doublepost=1559660734][/doublepost]
It used to work almost perfect already on 12, it’s absolutely perfect now, except of course there’s no right mouse button support.
When you try to click on a folder does it open it? Nothing happens when I do. And the same goes for making a new doc, I don’t get access to actually edit it.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
But what about creating and opening a documen and folder? That’s what I want to know. It doesn’t work for me. When I click on a folder it won’t open, when I click on a doc I can’t write in it.
[doublepost=1559660734][/doublepost]
When you try to click on a folder does it open it? Nothing happens when I do. And the same goes for making a new doc, I don’t get access to actually edit it.

Did some more testing. Was able to create folders, create and edit documents with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.