Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Been having this issue with the beta ever since the first one, not sure if this is a consistent issue for other users or if it's just me.

Safari Version 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.5) - Beta 7

Yep. In the last 2 betas of Sierra, Safari hangs for me as well. It works fine for a while, then occasionally hangs for like 10-20 seconds when I enter a new url. Then it works again after a few minutes.

Also, typing search words in the url bar is painfully slow or doesn't work at all.

But it's all random. Works for a while, then fails. But fails pretty often.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yep. In the last 2 betas of Sierra, Safari hangs for me as well. It works fine for a while, then occasionally hangs for like 10-20 seconds when I enter a new url. Then it works again after a few minutes.

Also, typing search words in the url bar is painfully slow or doesn't work at all.

But it's all random. Works for a while, then fails. But fails pretty often.

This has been Safari's experience for me since the release of El Capitan. I would admit it's worked a little better. Just slightly.

Reactions: MarsViolet

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Less than desirable experience for me as well, I even completely switched to Chrome for a bit, now I use Chrome sparingly whenever Safari is acting up.

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I've sent feedback on this to Apple, perhaps they haven't heard it enough to fix it yet.

This has been Safari's experience for me since the release of El Capitan. I would admit it's worked a little better. Just slightly.

I did not have this issue on El Capitan though, this is a new experience. Resetting Safari (Deleting History + Website data) fixed it for the rest of my session but it was back to it's old tricks later that evening. (~3 hours later)

I'm feeling forced to used Chrome, which I don't mind, but I like Safari better due to integration. (Gestures and such)

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
:) the word 'webpage' is in the title that you gave to this topic, 'Safari hangs loading webpage' … also, sorry if the big bold in my previous post appeared aggressive. I lazily copied the word, with its standard big bold formatting, from the top of this page.

Can you let us have the address, the URL, of one of the pages with which you have difficulty?

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
:) the word 'webpage' is in the title that you gave to this topic, 'Safari hangs loading webpage' … also, sorry if the big bold in my previous post appeared aggressive. I lazily copied the word, with its standard big bold formatting, from the top of this page.

Can you let us have the address, the URL, of one of the pages with which you have difficulty?

It's completely random, one day it's twitter, one day it's youtube, the next minute it will be times, the next hour will be a macrumors forum post. It's not like it's a specific webpage, it could be any of them. The webpage will start loading about 25% which on mac means it's just trying to get the address, then my network d/u drops to 0.0 kbps and it just sits there waiting for me to refresh.

It's almost like it makes a function call that should return a value but breaks on an error and doesn't display anything to the screen or refresh the progress bar. Perhaps it's a malformed packet that never gets a response and Safari doesn't have a timeout to catch the error.

Reactions: grahamperrin

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
I don't have any OS X handy but there's a way to enable, in Safari, both a Debug menu and a Develop menu (I think that's what they're called). One of the two menus offers some obscure options that you might find useful. Just (common sense) if you do experiment with those, remember to revert to pre-release Sierra norms before continuing to test for Feedback Assistant purposes.

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I don't have any OS X handy but there's a way to enable, in Safari, both a Debug menu and a Develop menu (I think that's what they're called). One of the two menus offers some obscure options that you might find useful. Just (common sense) if you do experiment with those, remember to revert to pre-release Sierra norms before continuing to test for Feedback Assistant purposes.

Yeah, I've already checked out my options from the Debug and Develop menus, Feedback has already been sent as well and Apple asked for more info, ran a sys diagnostics for them focusing on Safari and not a peep since.

I also edited the title to be a bit more descriptive :p

Reactions: grahamperrin

heytommy

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2017
Been having this issue with the beta ever since the first one, not sure if this is a consistent issue for other users or if it's just me.

Safari Version 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.5) - Beta 7

I am having this issue as well.. Did you find a way to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.