Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I started having this issue after a recent update. Safari no longer remembers http-auth passwords. This is a huge pain because not only do I have to autofill the login each time, but autofill and iCloud Keychain don't even automatically pick the password for me. I have to manually search for the server and tap the login in the list to sign in.

Is anyone else having these issues? Is there a workaround or a way to fix it? It's frustating to log into things like Zoneminder on my home server because I have to sign in Every. Freaking. Time.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
First thing I would try is deleting the browsing cache. Make sure all cookies are deleted.

Settings/safari/clear history and website data

You will have to login to sites again after doing this, but hopefully will correct the need to login every time.

ffabb

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2023
That's so true, I'm having the same issue on both my Mac running Sonoma and my iPhone on iOS 17. It seems like they limited the auto-fill feature to HTTPS sites only, which is inconvenient for me, as I (a developer) often use non-SSL sites.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Reactions: Bojče

martinorob

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Verona VR
Same for me.. i use bitwarden and safari doesn’t prompt for autofill password and username on website if the website is in HTTP and NOT in HTTPS.

Is there a way or a workaround?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.