Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
running 10.11 Beta (15A216g). Cant open several sites(tunein radio, Fidelity active trade pro and several other sites. Anybody know what happened? Thx

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
running 10.11 Beta (15A216g). Cant open several sites(tunein radio, Fidelity active trade pro and several other sites. Anybody know what happened? Thx

Are you running IPv6? Yesterday I activated IPv6 for the first time and 2 sites stop working. I set IPv6 back to Link-local Only and they started working again. I have no idea if this is a 10.11, router, ISP or site issue.

DS

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Are you running IPv6? Yesterday I activated IPv6 for the first time and 2 sites stop working. I set IPv6 back to Link-local Only and they started working again. I have no idea if this is a 10.11, router, ISP or site issue.

DS
Never really messed around with this setting. Its set to disabled. Not sure if this was the default setting. What does enabling this actually do? Thx

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
Never really messed around with this setting. Its set to disabled. Not sure if this was the default setting. What does enabling this actually do? Thx

If IPv6 is enabled, then internet traffic from your computer will use IPv6 addresses to get to sites that support IPv6. Since your symptoms matched what I was seeing, I thought there might be a common cause. Since you are not using IPv6, then there must some other issue which I don't have any ideas about.

DS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.