Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Safari's password and auto fill feature is fantastic. It saved you all the trouble to fen enter user name and password all the time. However, there is a catch. When you enable this feature, it asks you to set passcode for the iDevices. This is to prevent other takes your iPad, unlock it and see your saved password. However, if you let your family member, friends use your iPad, you need unlock the devices for them. They take the device and they can easily go to settings, go to Safari and looking at all my saved password without reentering password!

iTunes and iTunes Store asked you renter password every 15 minutes, I do not know why this is any different. I really hope Apple fix this.

Solution is simple, when user tries go to Safari's setting and visit password and refill section, they need enter the password. Without the password iOS should refuse anyone looking that section.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
On my iPhone and iPad if you goto auto fill in setting/safari you can see the list. If you click on any of them it ask for your pass code. It will ask everytime for me with no way around that.

That doesn't happen for you?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On my iPhone and iPad if you goto auto fill in setting/safari you can see the list. If you click on any of them it ask for your pass code. It will ask everytime for me with no way around that.

Wasn't there a recent thread about this kind of thing (perhaps aimed more at Keychain) where most people said that they are asked for a passcode when trying to look as well?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Wasn't there a recent thread about this kind of thing (perhaps aimed more at Keychain) where most people said that they are asked for a passcode when trying to look as well?

I believe so. In that thread most said they were asked for a passcode I believe.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY

Works this way for me.
If you are letting someone use your ipad, shouldn't you trust them not to do that?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I know. I was just questioning the OPs scenario.
Well, if you agree it should be the case no matter what, it doesn't seem like there's not much to question about any particular scenario as it should apply to all anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.