Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Everything takes longer to do! (Lazy I know!) two clicks for downloads now rather than having it right there… make sit harder to manager multiple downloads and checking if they failed etc, hating the new tab layout, makes it slower and trickier to use than before. L the new draw for other windows is super bugged for me and won’t loads old windows I had prior to update (my fault for not backing up my tabs lol)

Let’s see how they refine it over the beta :)

Reactions: zakarhino and !!!

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Everything takes longer to do! (Lazy I know!) two clicks for downloads now rather than having it right there… make sit harder to manager multiple downloads and checking if they failed etc, hating the new tab layout, makes it slower and trickier to use than before. L the new draw for other windows is super bugged for me and won’t loads old windows I had prior to update (my fault for not backing up my tabs lol)

Let’s see how they refine it over the beta :)
Can you customise the toolbar so that the download icon is always on display?

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
It’s a nightmare to use on the original SE. If the UI has not improved before iOS 15 release then I will be reverting to iOS 14.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I really don’t understand why they changed it. The way I understand it is they only do this to say they updated and « improved » things. The current Safari works perfectly fine and there’s absolutely no problem here. They could just bring the adress bar in the bottom and still add the new swipe tabs gestures and all would be good.

But now its cluttered as hell, more confusing with the adress bar constantly changing place depending in witch tab you are, more clicks required to do simple basic tasks, changing between tabs is more tedious now…seriously I really don’t understand this move.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.