Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
When clicking on the address bar it pops up your "Frequently Visited" sites. Has anyone found a way to change this to specific sites you choose yourself? I can't seem to find any options for this, which sucks, because the sites listed definitely aren't the ones I visit the most often. It lists eBay, which I rarely use, over others I use daily. Kind of weird.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
When clicking on the address bar it pops up your "Frequently Visited" sites. Has anyone found a way to change this to specific sites you choose yourself? I can't seem to find any options for this, which sucks, because the sites listed definitely aren't the ones I visit the most often. It lists eBay, which I rarely use, over others I use daily. Kind of weird.

For Yosemite it's your bookmarks..

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014

It's your favorite bookmarks...

April Knight

Suspended
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
It's not just your bookmarks, as the above posters have said. There is one section that is your bookmarks, and below that is a clearly labeled "Frequently Visited" section.

As with OP, that section is populated with sites that I have visited maybe once or twice, as opposed to sites I visit most often. I have also not found a way to change this, and reckon it'll be something that can be done in future updates.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Some of mine are bookmarks, others aren't. Not sure how they choose what goes there, but I hope they add an option to customize it. I really don't need eBay as an option. lol.

N3ILA

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2013
Pleasant Prairie, WI.
I put all my bookmarks into folders. I than went to preferences in safari, than to search and un-clicked the four options listed in smart search field. Now all that shows is a very thin blank bar. :)

Last edited:

digitalnordic

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
safari downloads

Have they added an option to "ask where to save each file before downloading" to Safari preferences rather than having to select a default location?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.