Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hello every I have a quick question about safari and I think it should be a quick anwser. Somehow or in someway I do not have the option of minimizing(is that what it is called in OSX) the Safari windows anymore. i.e. i don't have the yellow button. Thanks in advance!

Edit: it is in all applications Mail, iPhoto, iTunes!

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
iDM said:
Hello every I have a quick question about safari and I think it should be a quick anwser. Somehow or in someway I do not have the option of minimizing(is that what it is called in OSX) the Safari windows anymore. i.e. i don't have the yellow button. Thanks in advance!

Edit: it is in all applications Mail, iPhoto, iTunes!
Do you haven any third party programs that mess with the way OS X displays the GUI. Have you tried rebooting it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I heard about this bug with earlier versions of Tiger, but not anything with 10.4. Is it permanently gone, or does it come back if you restart the app or computer?

This is definitely a bug that other have talked about, but I don't know if a solution/cause has been found...

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Well i restarted just now and i have the option. At first i thought it was maybe something i had turned off in some application. I typically never run into problems with updates but since 10.4.2 I have had the safari freezing/crashing problem often when i am using multiple tabs(I have 1.25 gigs of ram so i don't think it's a system resource thing) and now this minimizing issue. These both are minimal as long as they are eventually fixed, and as long as i have nothing important in any of the tabs that are open if/when safari freezes. Thanks everyone for the help!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
mkrishnan said:
So I've never seen this bug before...is the yellow ball at the top greyed out, or is it completely absent? :eek: :(

Most of the screenshots I've seen (never had the problem myself :p ) have had a greyed out minimise button. :(

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
mkrishnan said:
So I've never seen this bug before...is the yellow ball at the top greyed out, or is it completely absent? :eek: :(

Yea it was greyed out for me, i've seen this done else where in OS X but only when in places where you didn't have the option to do something like change authentication sort of thing. I have not had this problem again though and it has been a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.