Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
So starting about three days ago, the top of safari (address bar and tabs) turned black from the normal light grey transparent color. Also, Safari has started crashing constantly. Anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations.

It is not my background, as I checked that and even changed the background picture.

I am running an iPad 3 with the current beta.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you using Safari in private mode?

As for crashing, is it happening often and on all kinds of sites, or some particular sites/pages?

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
Well I'm a bit embarrassed now. It was on private mode. I never tried that before and must have accidentally hit it. Lol. Thanks.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
So starting about three days ago, the top of safari (address bar and tabs) turned black from the normal light grey transparent color. Also, Safari has started crashing constantly. Anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations.

It is not my background, as I checked that and even changed the background picture.

Well I'm a bit embarrassed now. It was on private mode. I never tried that before and must have accidentally hit it. Lol. Thanks.

How does private mode explain crashing constantly?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

How does private mode explain crashing constantly?
It doesn't, the fact that it's beta, still in development, mid-development build explains the crashing aplenty. Look up software release life cycle.

Private mode just explains the bolded text above.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
The crashing does seem to happen far more while in private mode on iOS 7. It has happened much less since I took off private, but still does occasionally on the beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.