Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 4.42.04 PM.png

The ONLY thing I get bothered about while using this super-fast M1 computer is Safari Suggestions and Favourites Touch Icons.

1. I open MacRumours website 17 times a day. But even if there is an accidental popup of Macpaw opening from a spam website, every time I type "mac" in the address bar from then on, intelligent Siri autofills it with Macpaw web address. MacRumours is even in my favourites bookmark ffs. I've been using this website for years, Is it really that hard to figure out by Safari?

2. After spending close to 6 hours, manually editing/replacing all the touch icons by trial and error, even those that do not come with one(144px icon), I gave up yesterday. It's impossible to keep the thumbnails consistent and stable. Every time I open a website for which I replaced the icon manually, it resets back. In hopes of consistency, I have been searching for an option to DISABLE the thumbnail preview completely, and let the addresses show only by their initials(like the last 5 addresses on the image above).

Are there solutions to these?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.