Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I figure after 15 minutes of Googling and searching the forums it was time to post this.

Where is the tab bar in Safari on iPhone X in landscape mode?

In the Settings App, under Safari, there is an option to "Show Tab Bar" that does nothing. I don't think I ever looked into these settings before because I just assumed the iPhone X wasn't tall enough in landscape to have a tab bar like the Plus. Until now…

That link starts at the time in the 9to5Mac video about 100 new features in iOS 12. Good, exhaustive video so far. However I noticed his Safari tabs on iPhone X with the icons turned on. I was thinking "How did he not mention that?"

So I dug into my settings for the first time and saw that toggle. It was already on so I went back to Safari and it wasn't working. I had 350 tabs so I figured maybe that's why and closed out. Opened up three new windows to different sites and the tab bar still wouldn't work. Tried toggling it off and back on again. Still nothing. Googling around I found some other people who have this problem, but no solutions at all. So I'm wondering:
  1. Does this tabs feature work for most iPhone X users on the forums?
  2. If it was broken, has anyone found a way to fix it?
  3. If anyone is on the iOS 12 beta, is this tabs feature working for you?
Thanks!

Edit: No, I'm not using display zoom modes, and yes, I'm using it in landscape orientation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.