Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
Hi, when I have multiple tabs open in Safari, sometimes, there is a noticeable lag or delay when switching tabs. This doesn't happen in other webbrowsers. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
Safari version? System config? Disable extensions. Still happening?
I am using Safari version 17.4.1 and running the latest macOS Sonoma. I use the MacBook Air M1 with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. I don't have any extensions, and it is still happening.

ImKo96

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2023
How many tabs are we talking about? As you have the lowest RAM configuration (8GB) this may be due to swap use, where the MacBook starts using the internal storage (SSD) as RAM which is quite slow.

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
How many tabs are we talking about? As you have the lowest RAM configuration (8GB) this may be due to swap use, where the MacBook starts using the internal storage (SSD) as RAM which is quite slow.
It can happen with very few tabs open, like 5 or less. And I am not a very heavy user, so my memory pressure is in the green most of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.