Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
I looked online and especially in macrumors and couldn’t find info or help.

Every time I (rarely) have to hard reset my iPad Air 3, ALL of my open Safari tabs disappear!!! This is maddening. I have “manually close open tabs” selected in Settings for Safari. Has anyone else experienced this or recognize the issue or potential fix. This has happened over the past few versions of the 13.x OS.

Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
Is Show Tab Bar enabled?

Yes as always, and when I hit the double-box icon in the top right corner to show all tabs, only 1 tab shows, while there previously were two dozen.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I just reproduced the steps you mentioned with the same settings, and my tabs are all there. Have you tried holding the Safari icon in your dock and selecting Show All Windows? Maybe your tabs will show there. No guarantee this will resolve it, but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, I would suggest trying Reset All Settings.

Last edited:

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
I just reproduced the steps you mentioned with the same settings, and my tabs are all there. Have you tried holding the Safari icon in your dock and selecting Show All Windows? Maybe your tabs will show there. No guarantee this will resolve it, but it's worth a try. If that doesn't work, I would suggest trying Reset All Settings.

Hi, thanks - I should have said, this happens randomly for maybe every 3rd time I have to hard-reset, which is maybe every 2 months. Other times all tabs remain. Could be related to the state/app my iPad is in when I hard reset; maybe if I do it when Safari is open vs. closed I get different results. I might try that later since now my tabs are all gone. I could reset the iPad to yesterday’s iCloud backup I suppose, to rescue things. I did try the show all windows too, to no avail.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.