Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I've attempted this on multiple sites, and it's still just changing the current tab.

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Correction: Yes, the pinned tabs. It was stated in the Keynote that they would possess special qualities, namely, that if you clicked on a link while in one of those tabs, it would open that new link in an new tab, and in doing so, it wouldn't affect the pinned tab.

That is not happening. The pinned tab is changing on every click, and then goes back to the last page I was on when I relaunch Safari.

mefistos

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
works for me... I have Facebook pinned (its small square) and every link I tap opens in new tab

mefistos

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Does it work on this site? Give it a try for me just for fun.
it does... when you open link that actually goes to another site it opens up in new tab... of course when you open up link within the same domain its still in the same tab

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Here's what I'm seeing with Pinned tabs:

If the link is embedded into the website, like headers, links to other sections, etc - it does not open a new tab.

If you click on a link that someone has added - like in a FB post, if someone adds a link in a post, etc it *should* open a new tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.