Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beta Particle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Is there any way to prevent Safari from hiding the tab bar every time you scroll down a page, that I might have missed?
Or some new gesture to switch/close tabs?

Are they just trying to solve the problem with Safari constantly crashing or reloading tabs on the Air due to a lack of RAM by making them as difficult as possible to use now?
This is a 10" tablet, not a 3.5" phone screen.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
UK
The only gesture I have found is the two finger pinch to show all open tabs then you choose which ones to close.

But I agree it's not as easy as it was.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I can't believe you are complaining about this, to be honest. I seriously think the bar at the top is really obtrusive and annoying to be taking up such space all the time. I really missed that feature from the iPhone, and closing tabs won't require reaching to those microscopic "X"s to close the tab. Just pinch with two fingers and tap on the other tab.

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
Or instead of pinching and tapping on another tab, you can simply just tap the title bar and the tab bar appears like normal.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Are you really complaining about seeing more of the webpage?

Exactly what I was saying...!

Or instead of pinching and tapping on another tab, you can simply just tap the title bar and the tab bar appears like normal.

I was about to get at that but I didn't know how to express that in my post and I got lazy lol. So yeah. Normal tabs aren't really all that hard to get to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.