Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I recently switched over to Safari from Camino. I love everything about Safari, except when I open 8 new tabs in a window with 9 or more tabs, the last few tabs are closed. Is there any way to stop these extra tabs from closing? It never did that in Camino.

Thanks in advance,
Draft

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
look for the arrows on the right side of the tab bar. Click it and a drop down list appears.

Tab Bar Arrows:

Attachments

• safari001.jpg
    safari001.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 767

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I don't have those arrows. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those only appear if you have too many tabs to display in the same window.

My problem is when I try to open another group of tabs, any extra tabs close. I have 8 websites that I like to check constantly, so if I re-open/refresh those tabs, anything else closes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Draft

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
You are correct. Weird. just trash your preferences. if that doesnt work try a permissions repair. You will be suprised how much a permissions repair can fix.

Draft

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
Safari doesn't close your extra tabs? I find that kind of weird seeing as 2 other people have the same thing happen to them.

Draft

shakespeare

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2002
Portland, Maine
No, your Safari is behaving normally. When you open a group of tabs, those tabs replace whatever tab or tabs were open before. To get back the old ones, press the back button. There's no automatic way I know of to have two groups of tabs open at once.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
the tabs in safari are much nicer because they don't seem to have a feasible limit unlike camio which stops at sometime and begins to open new windows....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.