Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
Hey guys! I’m just curious to know who use’s iPad Apps like Facebook, Twitter, Amazon and so on.. or do you use Safari in landscape mode to get the desktop website view? I’ve recently deleted so many apps as I feel like with my 11” iPad Pro it looks just as good using desktop view in Safari when browsing Facebook etc.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Apps are more optimised for mobile experience. It’s not about the looks always. I prefer the app experience compared to websites.

Reactions: JacksonCraig94

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Yeah, I also prefer to use the Apps but there's times they become battery hogs and then I just use the Desktop Mode in Safari instead. :D

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Yeah, I also prefer to use the Apps but there's times they become battery hogs and then I just use the Desktop Mode in Safari instead. :D

Bbc football i use the app, but espn the website, in opera touch!

These are really good examples of lazy app development. Often businesses fail to understand that apps aren’t glorified websites.

Reactions: secretk

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
Case by case – whichever I think is better overall. I use the iOS apps for Twitter, Facebook (which seems better but still rough – they never seem to have cared about iOS), and sometimes Amazon.

There are probably examples of web pages I prefer to native apps, but I can't think of any off-hand.

Reactions: JacksonCraig94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.