Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
*one* cookie in my website data keeps coming back after I delete it. It always says 0 bytes. this has occasionally happened before but clearing all history and website data in the settings used to always get rid of those.

I know this has to be an iOS 15 bug because this cookie was not there before - the last time I looked at the website data was back when I was on iOS 14.something (I tried to do the download-the-update-but-delete-from-storage-instead-of-installing thing but I guess that doesn't work anymore) and I hadn't visited that website in *months*. It's a carrd of all things. No sketchy links or anything in it, even ran it through virustotal just to make sure and it said it's clean. I'd really, really prefer not to have to factory reset my phone to see if that gets rid of it, since it's just a bug not viruses.

Anyone else having bugs like this? I've been googling for hours and most stuff that came up is from years ago, but I did see some people saying this same problem was a bug on certain iOS versions.

I'm on iOS 15.2 if that helps, but I don't know if this issue is specific to 15.2 or 15 as a whole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.