Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
Trying to tame my tab problem, I loaded up OneTab to Safari….and since then I’ve had problems.
(I don’t think it’s OneTab, mind you, that’s just the tirggering point). I’ve also had Tab Suspender installed for a while…and that With oneTab to record what all I got, has lead to problems.

Safari is constantly freezing while loading, …getting tabs reloaded, so they can be saved in OneTab is really problematic.

Where (assuming there’s a where) in the OS file structure does Safari keep the tab info? I REALLY don’t want to lose the tabs to get things going again, but I’m heading that way, so if I can find the info in the files and use that to rebuild, that would be really helpful.

EDIT: I've found a bunch of data in ~/library/safari/localstorage/ but if someone knows how to help further would be great!

Last edited:

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
one tab is a chrome feature?

they work great in Google an firefox,
i think apple make safari where they don't not work well with others.
case in point,
Edge on iOS15 has those 3 dots in the way so we use safari on our iPads.

Last edited:

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
one tab is a chrome feature?

they work great in Google an firefox,
i think apple make safari where they don't not work well with others.
case i point,
Edge on iOS15 has those 3 dots in the way so we use safari on our iPads.
OneTab is available for Safari from the Mac App Store. I'm not talking about IOS.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
OneTab is available for Safari from the Mac App Store. I'm not talking about IOS.
that was the best conclusion i could offer.
does safari tabs work better without "one tab"?

hopefully someone else might have a solid answer soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.