Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kToni73

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Germany
YTSafari.png
YTChrome.png

Why is Safari always acting as the worst Browsers ... Look at that ugly red bar not being in its place & borders not being there.
I am honestly trying to be more for Apple but there is always some silly thing that just pushes me away.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
View attachment 2125455 View attachment 2125456
Why is Safari always acting as the worst Browsers ... Look at that ugly red bar not being in its place & borders not being there.
I am honestly trying to be more for Apple but there is always some silly thing that just pushes me away.
What am I looking at? Are you talking about the progress bar? I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I can't click on the Chrome picture to compare.

I use Firefox. I wouldn't be shoclked that Google websites work best on the Google browser though. Google has done things in the past to make youtube not work as well with other browsers. It's a great way to get rid of competition.

Reactions: kToni73

acrakes

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
Apple doesn’t have much interest in bringing its lagging desktop apps up to par.. I just downloaded Opera, which I guess has minor security concerns, but it’s fast, light, stable, way ahead of Safari in all but one or two aspects - and I’ve got Messenger, Instagram and Apple Music right in the sidebar with a few great Chrome-only extensions..

Actually feels like I’m browsing in the 21st century

Reactions: kToni73

kToni73

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Germany
Apple doesn’t have much interest in bringing its lagging desktop apps up to par.. I just downloaded Opera, which I guess has minor security concerns, but it’s fast, light, stable, way ahead of Safari in all but one or two aspects - and I’ve got Messenger, Instagram and Apple Music right in the sidebar with a few great Chrome-only extensions..

Actually feels like I’m browsing in the 21st century
Explains why Apple Music is absolute Donk. I finally see that I am in the Ecosystem and that its magic is working lol, I hate it yet I continue to grow more & more into it

acrakes

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
Explains why Apple Music is absolute Donk. I finally see that I am in the Ecosystem and that its magic is working lol, I hate it yet I continue to grow more & more into it
Apple Music isn't bad imo - i just want a 'favorites' section - or multiple 'shelves' - for albums and artists outside the default library views. And searching by genre is awful because the metadata are so inconsistent.

Why don't they just buy Opera? Drives me crazy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.