Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I’m noticing weird issues since the latest update. Most YouTube Videos won’t play in Safari. It’s just black as well as other sites say “your browser doesn’t support this video type” or something like that.

Anyone else with this problem?
[automerge]1594533987[/automerge]
Ok I just noticed it’s the “Content Ad Blockers” that seem to no longer work with YouTube and some other sites. Annoying.

Last edited:

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I’m noticing weird issues since the latest update. Most YouTube Videos won’t play in Safari. It’s just black as well as other sites say “your browser doesn’t support this video type” or something like that.

Anyone else with this problem?
[automerge]1594533987[/automerge]
Ok I just noticed it’s the “Content Ad Blockers” that seem to no longer work with YouTube and some other sites. Annoying.
i just posted the same issue. If you just installed 13.6 I believe we have the same issue. On my iPad Pro I can turn off the content/ad blocker which will get the video to load and play properly. Also if you request the mobile site version the video will play correctly. The video issue does not occur on the phone since it uses the mobile version by default. On my ipad if I tap the black area where the video should be I get the error message in the screenshot below, if I didn’t use the mobile version or turn off the ad blocker.
53AD5813-0DCD-4138-B142-437E471A5B8C.jpeg

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I'm having the same issue. Any updates??
In the web site option from the Safari address bar turn off the “request desktop site” option, now the mobile version will be the default and that works properly even with an ad blocker enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.