Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Hello,

i noticed that on Lion 10.7.5 with Safari 5.1.7 i can no longer play videos with Safari.
All the vids seem stacked up on the left of the browser window withouth the images being visible.
like here
Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 16.48.25.png

does someone kknow a solution to this?

thank you very much.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Don't use Safari? That version is 8 years old. The web has changed a lot since 2012. Also YouTube is in the process of killing off the classic interface. There are numerous more up to date browsers available for Lion. Firefox-Legacy, Waterfox, ArcticFox, PaleMoon, Basilisk, InterWeb, and SpiderWeb are a few off the top of my head.

Cheers

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
yesh,
thank you very much for your help!
still like to use safari on the mac if not for speed and nice integrated rss (which obviously since snow leopard became rare) -
the thing is i do use several extensions like greasekit/ninjakit with viewtube + polymer disable (for youtube-classic) but it seems that lately atleast on safari these "tricks" won't just work anymore on my computer. sometimes a complete safari reset helps, but the problems seems returning.
interestingly enough, it seems to me, the further down you with safari (atleast from elcaptian downwards), the better it seems to handle youtube (with the "tricks" aforementioned). on safari 5.0.7 or so with snow leopard i could still somehow get the video playing, but it really seems that the clock is ticking even for those solutions.

on my c2d macmini i just upgraded to mavericks and am trying to settle there for awhile.
[automerge]1593620789[/automerge]
yeah, and i'd like to add seamonkey 2.49 which is very nice and still supports legacy add-ons :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.