Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Hello ,

i noticed that my browser on Mavericks 10.9.5 Safari9.1.3 is crashing when trying to access Youtube.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Thanks!

CalvinNismo

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2020
Hello ,

i noticed that my browser on Mavericks 10.9.5 Safari9.1.3 is crashing when trying to access Youtube.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Thanks!

YouTube still works fine for me in Firefox, if that helps at all?

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
i do use several extensions maybe that caused the malfunctioning (ninjakit/greasekit) will have to investigate this - reset safari didn't help.
thank you for the info!

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
Safari 9 is very old at this point relative to the pace of the web. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Youtube just dropped support—in a way I'm surprised it was working so recently.

If you're on Mavericks, you should use Firefox ESR! It works great for everything!

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
noticed this behaviour also on ElCapitan; it seems the YoutubeCorp. has killed off the ClassicLayout and that has quite some implications on the older safari, at least on the way it could be setup with quicktoplugin andor ninjakit and the likes.

Nowadays it seems really that things Firefox is the viable browser.

Xde

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2016
Youtube belongs to Google. Probably has to do with google. Google Maps also does not work anymore.
(interesting: Windows XP still can use Google Maps 2D)
Below all, it has to do with Apple, that their Safari browser is outdated after some years, instead of developing an OS Version independent browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.