Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cogmate

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maryland
Currently using 13 Mini. Good phone - Just want to try a larger form factor, 6.1" display.
BUT: all the chatter about battery drain and battery heat - not just on our forum, but in Wall Street Journal and Mac World, etc. has given me serious pause. There may be a million 14 Pro(s) in use, and if 10,000 of them are experiencing issues - that's only 1%. You guys know far better than I .., but are the problems more wide spread than I realize? If so .., I'll wait. What do you think? buy or wait? Thanks.

Last edited:

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Currently using 13 Mini. Good phone - Just want to try a larger form factor, 6.1" display.
BUT: all the chatter about battery drain and battery heat - not just on our forum, but in Wall Street Journal and Mac World, etc. has given me serious pause. There may be a million 14 Pro(s) in use, and if 10,000 of them are experiencing issues - that's only 1%. You guys know far better than I .., but are the problems more wide spread than I realize? If so .., I'll wait. What do you think? buy or wait? Thanks.
There are different answers for standard and pro models.

For standard models, Apple tends to keep multiple generations available and prices fall (e.g. 50-100). For these it makes sense to wait 1 month (for literally the same phone).

That assumes the models are still sold.

For Pro models, Apple don't tend to run 2 generations of pro models and a price increase is predicted. So if you don't want a 15 pro... then you would need to go to a third party or wait for refurbs to appear (e.g. early 2024).

Nothing is certain, but if it was me then I would wait for the 15 pro and if that is not attractive to you then snag a 14 pro off a reputable discounted seller such as Amazon or Costco.

Reactions: tt061282

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
The 15 Pro will probably be the same price as the 14 Pro… why wouldn’t you just wait another month?

Reactions: 3Rock
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.