Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can get two Sim cards with the same number to be used in 2 iPhones? I’m in 🇬🇧 and with EE network. I want them both to use the data on my Sim cards as normal. I contacted them and they are sending me another Sim but the guy didn’t seem to know what he was on about so thought id check here.. any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
No, it's not possible.

Thats a bummer! If I set up phones with same Apple ID which is linked to my mobile number can I just switch sim between phones each day.. or will it mess things up

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thats a bummer! If I set up phones with same Apple ID which is linked to my mobile number can I just switch sim between phones each day.. or will it mess things up
Yes, you can move the SIM between phones without a problem.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
No, it's not possible.

I can 100% confirm this is not possible! the clown at EE who sent me a new sim and said it would work has deactivated my current sim and the new one doesn't arrive till Wednesday! So I'm without a phone at the moment which is annoying as I'm busy at work but weirdly enjoyable at the same time lol

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
EE supports iCloud-based WiFi calling - I’m not sure if it works on two iPhones, but you may be able to receive calls on the other iPhone if signed into the same iCloud account and on a WiFi network, even if the phone with the SIM card in is off/on a different network.

This should hold true for iPad/Mac/Watch, but I can’t find any concrete evidence for or against it working on a second iPhone online.

I don’t, however, think SMS forwarding works for secondary iPhones.

(I notice after re-reading that your original question is about sharing data - I don’t think this is possible. Best solution is to use the iPhone with a SIM in via Personal Hotspot.)

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
EE supports iCloud-based WiFi calling - I’m not sure if it works on two iPhones, but you may be able to receive calls on the other iPhone if signed into the same iCloud account and on a WiFi network, even if the phone with the SIM card in is off/on a different network.

This should hold true for iPad/Mac/Watch, but I can’t find any concrete evidence for or against it working on a second iPhone online.

I don’t, however, think SMS forwarding works for secondary iPhones.

(I notice after re-reading that your original question is about sharing data - I don’t think this is possible. Best solution is to use the iPhone with a SIM in via Personal Hotspot.)

Thanks for looking into it. The sharing data comment was with regards to having the duplicate sim using the same data package. Sadly, its look likes I won't be able to do what I want. Granted, it is an unusual request lol.

I'm just doing a one off building project and my current phone is battered has screen damage which I'm guessing is from wiping my phone down (covid ocd) after work etc so I wanted to get a new phone for personal use and then retire the old phone at the end of the building project.

its actually cheaper to buy the new SE phone than get the XS max repaired! crazy huh

Reactions: cambookpro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.