Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Just bought an S23+. Also have the iPhone 15. I’m considering keeping both phones if I can have my same WhatsApps on both phones perfectly synced.

Is it possible?

I haven’t tried the multi-device feature yet. This way I could decide which phone to use per day but have all my WhatsApp’s synced without issues. How well does this work? Anyone have experience doing this?

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Just bought an S23+. Also have the iPhone 15. I’m considering keeping both phones if I can have my same WhatsApps on both phones perfectly synced.

Is it possible?

I haven’t tried the multi-device feature yet. This way I could decide which phone to use per day but have all my WhatsApp’s synced without issues. How well does this work? Anyone have experience doing this?

It's possible with the multi-device feature at least when iOS is the master device. That's how I've been using my iPhone 13 Pro and S23+ for quite a while now. Haven't noticed any major hiccups other than adding new contacts, that seems to work on master device only.

Reactions: Sensamic

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
It's possible with the multi-device feature at least when iOS is the master device. That's how I've been using my iPhone 13 Pro and S23+ for quite a while now. Haven't noticed any major hiccups other than adding new contacts, that seems to work on master device only.
So if I add a new contact on the secondary phone (in the stock Samsung contacts app) it won’t appear on WhatsApp in that device? No matter if I close the app and reopen or reboot the device?

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
So if I add a new contact on the secondary phone (in the stock Samsung contacts app) it won’t appear on WhatsApp in that device? No matter if I close the app and reopen or reboot the device?

I haven't tried that option where a contact is created in the Samsung contacts, but at least the option to create a new contact from a chat isn't available on a linked device. Otherwise they work more or less the same as far as I've noticed.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Yes this is possible. You can link your WhatsApp account to multiple devices now.
There's an option under settings for Linked Accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.