Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
need it, must be vst, must be free. guitar amp doesnt need many tones, just fender blues, vox ac-30 and any marshall.
sampler just needs to be a vst sampler for free.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
i've gotta say, there were some great plugins for free at kvr, for windows. that's my only regret of having a mac, but paying for guitarrig is better than having a terrible os.
p.s. can you buy guittarig without the hardware thing? it looks so useless.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Democrat622 said:
i've gotta say, there were some great plugins for free at kvr, for windows. that's my only regret of having a mac, but paying for guitarrig is better than having a terrible os.
p.s. can you buy guittarig without the hardware thing? it looks so useless.
Yes, you can buy Native Instruments GuitarRig software alone, or with one of the two hardware controllers. You may be able to find a clear-out price on the Version 1 controller.

I have to say, you are asking a lot of free software - I don't think you ae going to get an accurate model of a particular amp (or three (!)) from shareware. There's a reason you pay several hundred, and that is because researching and modelling amps in digital algorithms is REALLY hard and companies invest $100,000s or millions into it.

Check Computer Music Magazine. They have a series of basic VST plugins that they provide on CD free with the mag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.