Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Just got back home from sams club store. They had $300 gift card promo. One day sale (extended to tomorrow)

I’m an att customer. Got (2) iPhone 8 Plus 64gb with the $300 gift card promo. I returned my iPhone X unopened on Monday. But that’s another story.

Anyways. They let me apply one of the $300 gift cards immediately to the second iPhone 8 Plus. So the amount I owe is $499 on att next. I’m paying it off in full so I can be be eligible for another att next promo. Just gotta play the att next promo deal games since I buy 3-4 phones a year

But I thought sams would sell me the A1897 intel gsm model. So I’m pretty happy I got (2) A1864 model which are the Qualcomm phones.

I will got to work tomorrow to see if my Verizon phone works. Regardless if it doesn’t work. I’m unlocking the phone with my next att bill. I pay off the balance in full.

But I’m just shocked they would sell me the A1864 model as att next phone. Thought I would be stuck with Intel modem.

Pretty happy with the sam’s club deal. My total cost with taxes is $556 for an iPhone 8 Plus 64gb that gives me flexibility to use on any carrier.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I wish I knew about this deal earlier! I would've upgrade my 7+ to an 8+ or X. $300 off is no joke!

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
I wish I knew about this deal earlier! I would've upgrade my 7+ to an 8+ or X. $300 off is no joke!

Sams club says deal ($300 gift card) is extended till tomorrow. But most phones are sold out. All iPhones and galaxy qualify. Everyone took them all. Surprisingly (or not). They still had the $930-950 galaxy note 8 in stock.

Sam’s club also said $300 promo will re appear for Black Friday. Target has $250 gift card promo.

But I like sams club cause they waive the bogus $25 activation fee after 2 billing cycles

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Sams club says deal ($300 gift card) is extended till tomorrow. But most phones are sold out. All iPhones and galaxy qualify. Everyone took them all. Surprisingly (or not). They still had the $930-950 galaxy note 8 in stock.

Sam’s club also said $300 promo will re appear for Black Friday. Target has $250 gift card promo.

But I like sams club cause they waive the bogus $25 activation fee after 2 billing cycles

iPhone X is not included in Target deal also how do you know Sam's club deal is going to be back?

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010

Cool, thanks! Can these phones be purchased at full price? And how do you know the offer will return for Black Friday?

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
I got two from there yesterday as well. Got there at 630 to get in line. They didn’t have any regular 8s with 256, only 64. But I received:

IPhone 8 - 64gb
IPhone 8+ - 256gb

They wouldn’t let me apply gift card to one. But walked out with $600.

They didn’t have any Xs in stock.

Going to use gift cards on Black Friday sale and probably get my son an iPad for $250 at Walmart. Maybe a 4K instead.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
no it only works with activation with installments. it doesnt work with full price!

Yeah. It only works for post paid carriers (sprint Verizon att and us cellular). So no T-Mobile

I know it sucks if you are on prepaid cause I don’t qualify for these offers. But that’s why I stick with post paid on family plans. There are some nice deals for post paid carriers.

But I usually just pay it off in full with next billing cycle so I’m “eligible” for next promo. I picked up a $5/month x 24 month lg g5 from Best Buy in March 2017. So literally a $120 phone to play around with. I paid it off in April so that made me eligible for att next promo.

So there are ways to make att next work for you in order to get the best deals after att and other carriers got rid of the subsidies.
[doublepost=1510544372][/doublepost]
iPhone X is not included in Target deal also how do you know Sam's club deal is going to be back?
The sam’s wireless sales rep processing my order was pretty informed what was going on. She said it was going to be very similar to last year promo

Lots of stores will run promo on iPhones the next week. Walmart has $300 gift card November 23-24

Obviously the x is going to be hard to find. I think only a few sams club had iPhone X available but most did not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.