Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC20009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2019
So I have a 2018 Samsung 6 Series UHD TV, updated to the current firmware 1251, but I can't figure out how to make Airplay 2 work. Also, I cannot find the Apple TV app in the Samsung app store. Anybody else having these issues? Very frustrating.

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States
So I have a 2018 Samsung 6 Series UHD TV, updated to the current firmware 1251, but I can't figure out how to make Airplay 2 work. Also, I cannot find the Apple TV app in the Samsung app store. Anybody else having these issues? Very frustrating.
I have the same TV and haven't received any update either. I saw a screenshot from another user in another thread who talked with Samsung support and the Samsung rep said that the release of the update for some models has been delayed.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA

What is the exact model number of the TV, for example my 2018 Samsung TV is model QN65Q6FNAFXZA. You should be able to find that info on the TV itself or in the manual that shipped with the TV. Once you verify your model is compatible (and I thinking it is) make sure you verify that Firmware V. 1251 is installed on the TV. Then navigate to the Apps section, add the AppleTV app and should be good to go.

Athisfinest

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2019
I’m having the same issue. In 1251 software version and have been for a while. My tv won’t show up on my iPhone, Mac or iPad. I have a un6900 which is a 2018 6 series. The app isn’t in the App Store. I really hope it’s just delayed.

DC20009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2019
I’m having the same issue. In 1251 software version and have been for a while. My tv won’t show up on my iPhone, Mac or iPad. I have a un6900 which is a 2018 6 series. The app isn’t in the App Store. I really hope it’s just delayed.

Good news, the firmware on the Series 6 was updated, and I was able to download the Apple TV app (it's very smooth and intuitive, I'm pleased) but Airplay 2 is still not enabled. No Airplay menu in settings either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.