Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Seriously the cartoonish stock themes are a joke. They make your phone look older. I think its deliberate from Samsung to encourage Themes & wallpapers sales but its worth it.
there could be some who have such preference

but as for me i can confidently mention that i have now almost permanently customised my device on such basic things like themes appearance icons wallpaper etc.

i rarely change those now unless i stumble onto something REALLY good and irresistible

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
Not surprised by this in the least. Samsung did an amazing job with the S21 Utra. Unlike other OEMs, Samsung keeps making huge updates to the user experience, with feedback taken from their members app. They also keep making big updates to the camera software. Picture quality just kept getting better throughout the year. And if the rumors are correct, the S22 Ultra is gonna be another phone to set a very high bar, right from the beginning of the year. Kudos to Samsung. That being said, I can't wait to see what they have in store for the Flip 4.

How good is the user experience compared to iOS? Keyboard? Email?

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
How good is the user experience compared to iOS? Keyboard? Email?
you can always adjust those things to your liking

countless keyboard and email apps download options from the playstore some of which are pretty much native to Android

as for user experience if you are heavily invested in Apple closed system then you might not enjoy the lack of integration with the other devices.......same old story

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
you can always adjust those things to your liking

countless keyboard and email apps download options from the playstore some of which are pretty much native to Android

as for user experience if you are heavily invested in Apple closed system then you might not enjoy the lack of integration with the other devices.......same old story

Really having one cable for everything intrigues me. No gusrentee apple goes USB c

I'm check it out st best buy today.

Reactions: jamezr

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Everyone wants a piece of the "Last" S series phone , probably that's why hehe....
Nah. The 22 ultra is close to release next year. Unlike Apple, Samsung usually discontinue their flagship right away after a year when they’re ready for the next refresh. Not finding the 21 Ultra now can simply mean that the inventory is out and Samsung is not restocking it since the 22 Ultra is coming.

In my country, the S21 ultra is still available, but the regular S21 and the S21+ are not. I think it’s merely remaining inventory.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Nah. The 22 ultra is close to release next year. Unlike Apple, Samsung usually discontinue their flagship right away after a year when they’re ready for the next refresh. Not finding the 21 Ultra now can simply mean that the inventory is out and Samsung is not restocking it since the 22 Ultra is coming.

In my country, the S21 ultra is still available, but the regular S21 and the S21+ are not. I think it’s merely remaining inventory.

Samsung still stocking Note20 Ultra even though it was released way before S21 Ultra and there are plenty Note 20's Ultra. This new trend with the Black S21U is unusual, it is possible the demand is higher than the supply.

EDIT

Now all sizes and colours are out of stock ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-30_084556.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-30_084556.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
It's probably more likely due chip shortages than anything else, I think the S22 line up will be pretty hard to get hold off next year due to this & the continuing Pandemic isn't helping matters, I wouldn’t be surprised if the S22 line up get delayed until March or April due to chip shortages.

I currently have the S21 Ultra I'm at that point now where i'm more than happy with this phone, One UI 4.1 will bring a lot of features from the S22 down to the S21 inc possible camera AI improvements, & Samsung updates are now one of the best even on their older phones, the S21 lineup will not be far behind the S22 lineup when it comes to getting updates.

So I think i'll sit next year out & wait for the S23 lineup, as i can happily live with the S21 Ultra for another year easily.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
It's probably more likely due chip shortages than anything else, I think the S22 line up will be pretty hard to get hold off next year due to this & the continuing Pandemic isn't helping matters, I wouldn’t be surprised if the S22 line up get delayed until March or April due to chip shortages.

I currently have the S21 Ultra I'm at that point now where i'm more than happy with this phone, One UI 4.1 will bring a lot of features from the S22 down to the S21 inc possible camera AI improvements, & Samsung updates are now one of the best even on their older phones, the S21 lineup will not be far behind the S22 lineup when it comes to getting updates.

So I think i'll sit next year out & wait for the S23 lineup, as i can happily live with the S21 Ultra for another year easily.

Supply chain delays is another plausible reason as you say.

But the Perennial and starved loyalists maybe willing to forgo the S21Ultra for the traditional stylus and silo containing S22Note.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Colour wise bit dissapointed but its not a big deal....
I think the color selections are appropriate for the target market. The darker tones make them look more professional than the pastelly colors of the A series.

I really dig the dark red color. The bright red on the S20 FE felt too “cheap”. This darker red imo is better and looks professional.

Love all the colors. Hopefully the regular S22 gets the same treatment of color choices.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
for me "mostly" the best colour is the one that best hides fingerprints on any phone -especially as big as the Note

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.