Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benny__

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2023
Hello. Just switched from iPhone 11 to Samsung Galaxy S23. Love it.

I seem to be misunderstanding how the voicemail system works. On iPhone, there is a separate tab for voicemails that lists the individual voicemails with the number, time, etc. On this phone, there is not a tab. In order to reach my voicemails, I need to hold down 1, which is super annoying. Please advise if there is a different system to see/retrieve voicemails, similar to what iPhone offers. Can I add a tab? Much appreciated.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
On my Z Flip 4, I just have to go into the app drawer and look for the Voicemail App. I also don't understand why it isn't just in the Phone App.

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
On iOS, voicemail was an Apple-controlled feature from day 1 and the phone was a Cingular/ATT exclusive for the first four years because they allowed that while other carriers like Verizon wanted $1.99 a month for visual voicemail. On Android phones, your carrier may have their own app. There are also third party apps. Check your carrier's website for support docs and browse the Play store. Your mileage may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.